Monday, January 27

Three For January - Card One

Welcome to the very first post in my brand new "Three For..." series.
Each month I'll focus on a single paper-craft product and attempt to come up with three different ideas for using it.  Hopefully I'll manage to put some of my under-utilised purchases to good use and maybe even inspire some of you to drag out your supplies and use them in new and different ways.
 
This month I've decided to start with a beautiful Spellbinders M-Bossabilities folder called Framed Petite Labels, which I've had for over 12 months but have only used once or twice.  The folder is made with two designs and is compatible with most leading die cut machines.
 
 
The first technique I used was to apply colour directly onto the embossing folder by swiping a blue ink pad over one side.  It helped to spritz the cardstock lightly with water before placing it into the folder and embossing it through my Cuttlebug. 
 
 
Here are the cards I made with this technique.  Remember you can use any coloured ink pad that you like, but go for a water based ink that cleans up easily... thinned acrylic paint would also work well.
 

 
I'll have a second idea and project to show you tomorrow using the same embossing folder, see you then!

I have no affiliation with Spellbinders, Core'dinations or any other product shown in this post
and receive no remuneration of any kind from using or talking about their products.

11 comments:

Sandra H said...

"WOW" Absolutely beautiful x

Merry said...

How beautiful…I love how you have used the frame in two different positions. How different it looks.

Unknown said...

Very pretty cards that you made
And very pretty embossing folder that you have

Birdie said...

Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh Beccy, this looks like you. I love this soft look and the flowers are an extra bonus. My kind of a card.
Shirley

Dorothy S said...

Thank you for these ideas. I have some similar folders that I rarely use - I really like these ideas. I know that part of the "problem" is that with a lot of folders I would have to make twice as many cards as I already do - in order to utilize what I have. Sigh...

carla said...

Great idea and your cards are very beautiful.

Carla

Teresa said...

So pretty!

Linda W. said...

Absolutely wonderful idea and I'm following faithfully! I love the small flowers piled high on the card as my fave, but you have done a gorgeous job!!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WONDERFUL Beautiful cards. Thanks for the ideas.

Unknown said...

Very pretty Beccy,Joyce Johnson